The Yas Marina Circuit is the venue for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, one of the
Formula-One tracks in the Middle East.
In order to maintain the chilled water network at the venue, KN was assigned to rectify all defects at areas where pipes are exposed to ambient air. This includes the removal of the thermal insulation, anti corrosion treatment of black steel pipes and the application of a physically cross-linked, closed cell insulation material of all exposed pipes.
KN‘s scope of work was to perform the site supervision during the rectification works being conducted, in order to resolve the existing facility defects at the venue. All construction and installation works of these defects, including testing and commissioning, have been finished as per the awarded contractor’s schedule.
Objective of this rehabilitation:
• Supervise and enforce the quality of repair works
• Verify the quantities of repair works
• Check and release progress invoices and variation claims
• Leading the testing and commissioning of works to Project Manager and ADMM
• Dragster control building
• West Grandstand
• North Grandstand
• Main Grandstand
• Garages of the main pit-building
• Garages of the support pit-building
• Driving school work shop